 Marketplace / Theory / 1872
  An auction gone... funny. What to do?

Hi, Recently, I auctioned off 124 black plates at eBay, and they sold for $29.77 (For those of you interested, my eBay id is blackintegra). The winner has received them, but is making a complaint of some sort. My posting on eBay indicated the sizes (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?

Bryan, I had something similar happen a couple of months ago. A guy won an auction for two brown baseplates, 16x32, for $7.50. Right in line with Brickbay prices. When he received them, he complained that he felt cheated because he thought they were (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?

(...) *sigh* Sounds like sellers now need to put more "idiot-proofing" in their descriptions. Like...Baseplate, 16 studs x 32 studs. Or maybe even: ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE GIVEN IN LEGO STUDS, NOT INCHES. Of course, I doubt that would stop people from (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

Karen Lepper wrote in message ... (...) standard (...) Great idea Karen! It'll go in my to-do list for the next update. Kevin ---...--- Victorian House: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) store: (URL) auctions: (URL) Lego Web (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

Jeff Johnston wrote in message ... (...) I've had several people contact me asking about this size issue, though luckily none after an auction ended. They aren't idiots, just ignorant about Lego <shrug>. Not everyone buying Lego is a Lego fan, there (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?

(...) The old phrase... "a picture is worth a thousand words" pops into my head :-) It would certainly help to back up your claim that they were stud size rather than in inches. I see by your auction (537153228) that no picture was included but it (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?

(...) The key here is that the buyer made an assumption. Why not assume ft, mm, cm, ... When a unit of measure is not indicated the only safe assumption to make is one that defaults to the specific product or local. For LEGO that uom is clearly (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?

(...) Yeah, I must admit that it was pretty dumb of me not to include a picture of some sort. But thanks for your comments anyway! Bryan (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?

(...) And you've got that nice camera too! Although the simple .gifs you included with the other auctions is probably much clearer. I couldn't possibly tell you if this person was geniunely ignorant or is trying to rip you off, but if it REALLY (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)