 Marketplace / Theory / 1877
Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:02:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Karen Lepper writes:
Bryan, I had something similar happen a couple of months ago.  A guy won an
auction for two brown baseplates, 16x32, for $7.50.  Right in line with
Brickbay prices.  When he received them, he complained that he felt cheated
because he thought they were 16" by 32".

In lugnet.market.theory, Bryan Wong writes:

My posting on eBay indicated the sizes of the plates (for example):
1x2 24
1x3 10
etc.

He claims that he thought the measurements were in inches, and he thinks
that $29.77 for the plates I had on auction is too much.

*sigh* Sounds like sellers now need to put more "idiot-proofing" in their
descriptions.  Like...Baseplate, 16 studs x 32 studs.  Or maybe even:
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE GIVEN IN LEGO STUDS, NOT INCHES.

Of course, I doubt that would stop people from buying and then
complaining, given the human tendency to not see what they don't want to
see.