 Marketplace / Theory / 1881
Re: An auction gone... funny. What to do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:15:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Bryan Wong writes:
Recently, I auctioned off 124 black plates at eBay, and they sold for $29.77
(For those of you interested, my eBay id is blackintegra).  The winner has
received them, but is making a complaint of some sort.

My posting on eBay indicated the sizes of the plates (for example):
1x2 24
1x3 10
etc.

He claims that he thought the measurements were in inches, and he thinks
that $29.77 for the plates I had on auction is too much.  He's wondering if
we can work something out.

The key here is that the buyer made an assumption.  Why not assume ft, mm,
cm, ...  When a unit of measure is not indicated the only safe assumption to
make is one that defaults to the specific product or local.  For LEGO that
uom is clearly studs.  Since the pricing is not out of line (which you've
proven), I'd say your buyer picked up an education as an added bonus, no charge.

-Rob.