 Marketplace / Theory / 1682
Re: "Self Insurance" on packages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:00:43 GMT

Kerry Raymond wrote:
The possible risk is that the evil buyer receives the parcel but pretends
they don't. They end up with the set and the $50. I would expect that your
postal "losses" would increase if you offered self-insurance.

Yes, that thought had occurred to me too. Ray suggested using DC but my
situation is that I'm in Canada and sending Small Packet packages to the
US and overseas: I *cannot* buy insurance (or, to my knowlege, DC) on a
Small Packet.

Of course, I could just add a small self-insurance charge to my shipping
charges and not tell anyone about it, that wouldn't encourage evil
buyers to claim non-existent losses.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit