 Marketplace / Theory / 1683
1682  |  1684
Subject:
payment by travelers checks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:54:18 GMT

I paid for an Ebay item with American express travelers checks. The guy has
had the checks for a couple of weeks, however he stated that the bank has
not cleared them into his account. I always thought they were treated the
same as cash. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I have never had anyone else have a problem with them. What should I do?

It was a lot of money, so I am starting to get concerned.

Rose