 Marketplace / Theory / 1674
1673  |  1675
Subject:
"Self Insurance" on packages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:12:50 GMT

I noticed on anotehr seller's eBay auctions that they charge a 50c "Self
insurance" fee on each package, and promise to refund up to $50 if the
package is lost.

This seems like an interesting idea since most of my packages go out at
the "Small Packet" rate to teh US and other coutries, and it's not
possible to buy insurance on them. I think the 50c is a bit high and teh
$50 a bit low considering I've sent out about 1500 packages in teh last
18 months and just 2 have disappeared, but I'm considering doing this.
Anyone have opinions on it?

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit