 Marketplace / Theory / 1392
Re: Credit Card Number storage - Good or Bad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 06:46:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

   As some of you know, I am starting a part selling business, and I have
the ability to process real time credit card transactions. I also have a log
in capability, so you don't have to re-enter shipping information  One of
the options I have is to store credit card numbers, and I am not sure if I
want to do that or not. What are people's impressions of this, I have had no
problems, and I want to be sure I do what most people are comfortable with.
You can either respond personally or to LUGNET, and input is appreciated.
Thanks!

In favor if there is some assurance you did it right. It's a huge convenience.
However I am just as happy to X/Paypal which requires no storage on your site.
(I am wondering if it is more convenient for the buyer to have Paypal generate
a payment request to the buyer, that drives the process to seller initiated
after the initial site visit)

Note that international folks won't agree, at least not until X/Paypal make it
to them (when is that, anyway... sigh)

Good luck, we need more parts sellers! Bricksmiths will keep you busy if you
let them...

++Lar