 Marketplace / Shopping / 9134
Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:32:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Morton writes:
I had a similar thing a few months ago in a Wisconsin Walmart, however I was
able to get mine.
Basically, I had bought a whole series of clearance Lego and as there were
long lines at the checkouts, I decided to use the self scanning lane.
I scanned everything in, but as you said, the 4x Ogels Sets wouldn't scan.
An associate came over, looked at the clearance sticker and overrode the
checkout system. Result was, I was able to get my 4 copies for $30 each.

Maybe this is the thing to do - use the self checkout lane during a busy
period and they will be so busy and flustered that they will just override
the system for you.

Richard.

<snip>

Unfortunately, my Wal-Mart doesn't have self scanning lanes and I usually go
there at two in the morning where the staff has all the time in the world to
make sure everything is done by the book.

Scott
Member 718