 Marketplace / Shopping / 9127
Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:15:37 GMT

A point you have missed is that Wal-Mart problably paid over $30 for that
set in the first place. If they sell it to you for $20 - $30 they will be
losing money, however if they return it to TLC under a recall then they will
get back the full wholesale price. It is definately in their best interest
to return it rather than sell it. Because Wal-Mart prides itself on great
customer service, some managers might bend the rules to make you happy, but
it is a judgement call. As a fellow Lugneter I wish you would have scored
the set for $20, but I understand Wal-Mart's position.

Scott

She called her superior over who didn't know
what she was doing, so she called the manager over and he flat out refused
to sell it to me.  He said that since it is a recall, it would go back to
the manufacture.  Yeah right.  I pointed out that the recall for that set
was months ago, and yet it was still here- No answer.  So I asked why it had
been clearanced from $50 to $30 without getting noticed, then from $30 to
$20 without getting noticed and they couldn't give me an answer again. .