 Marketplace / Shopping / 8768
Re: discounts are great but.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 05:34:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser writes:
Discounts on Lego sets are great, but all of you keep talking about the same
sets over and over again. Obviously that is all that there is going to be.
We can not ask for more. For the simple reason that there are no more. This
is it. If you really want the set then buy it now and stop holding out. The
train set is still a good buy at $99.99 or $90.90. If you want it then get
it if you don't want it or are to scared to buy it because it may gone on
sale then buy it. Don't open it, and then if it goes on sale lower then you
bought it at. Then return the unopened one, at the higher price and you get
your money back.

I find the lego market section of lugnet very useful.  Like any hobby ours
cost real dollars and who doesn't want to get the most bang for their buck.
I also enjoy and learn from feedback of other AFOLs on what sets they
consider valuable.  This aspect becomes even more important since several of
us sell extra parts and sets to fund/offset the cost of our hobby.

Perhaps the constant updates does get a little old but I've been standing in
the toy isle when it was decision time.  "Is it a good deal?","Will it go
down more","Oh no! Is that kid gonna grab it?","Can I take him? ...His dad?"
Its kind of a rush.  It is also kinda cool to know other people have felt
the same.

Man you sound like a bunch a babies. Let me call 911 and get the wambulence
on stand by.

Ouch!  Perhaps a little harsh.  I would say bordering on inmature but since
I was the one dancing and chanting about a recent find, I would have to
abstain from voting ;)

That is just my opinion I could be wrong.

SIGNED

THE ARIZONA FIREWOLF

You do need to see me dance.  I can cabage patch, reverse it, do that NKOTB
"oh, oh, oh-oh-oh" thing, and... nevermind.
Matt