 Marketplace / Shopping / 8765
Re: discounts are great but.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:19:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser writes:
That is just my opinion I could be wrong.

Yeah, maybe...

I can't begin to understand why other people speculating and posting about
seasonal discounts would bother you.  Simply don't read those messages if
they offend you so.

FWIW, there is a big difference between buying some sets at 50% off and 75%
off, some sets at 50% off still manage to be priced at close to $0.10 a
brick -- which is not a very good deal in my mind.  There is certainly no
point in buying at 50% off unless one would be happy with that level of
discount; buying at that price may mean that the 75% off price never arrives
and one would thus never get the 75% off price.  Do you not realize these
small facts, or what?

And while I agree that the lugnet should be more than just shopping and
buying talk, I have no problems with scoring the odd deal myself -- deals I
often learn of by scanning these newsgroups!

Let me end by noting that I found your opinion on this matter less than helpful.

-- Hop-Frog