 Marketplace / Shopping / 8417
8416  |  8418
Subject:
Pitchforks (was Re: New Sets Report: New Jersey, USA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 19:44:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  AT Navigator and ROV 4792  $9.99
  (And sorry, Richard, but I think those two are really very cool.)

Well, I haven't seen the new Cam set yet so I will have to withhold
judgement, but I am unlikely to be pursuaded by the numerous Jack Stoned
elements I am seeing there. I expect I will like the new Cam mini, though.

One of the many beefs I am having, beyond the stuff I already mentioned in
relation to the squid set, is the use of the Bionickles trident in the new
Alpha Team sets. I am pretty sure that minis cannot hold this oversized
trident even if it didn't look preposterously out of proportion to our
beloved minis. So while trans-antifreeze spears are cool, this is a missed
opportunity to bring back the pitchfork of old in black, trans-antifreeze,
trans-red, and maybe even the traditional brown on the castle side of the
equation.  It would have been so easy to do this I think.

Why give us stuff we can't use and don't need, and then also deny us that
which would have seen actual utility in minifigure land?

A blow upon a bruise it is...

-- Hop-Frog