 Marketplace / Shopping / 8015
Re: TRU testing Lego price increases at some stores.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 06:55:37 GMT

At one store (Parmatown Mall) I noticed that almost all of the Lego sets
seemed to have been marked up by about 10%.  $20 sets were $22, $35 sets
were $38.50, Etc.

The TRU in Newark, CA (perhaps all of them) just jacked up the price of
Bionicle mask sets (2 masks per box) by 50% to see if us fools will still
pay at .42 cents per piece (price increased from $1.99 to $2.99).
Fortunately, there is a Target nearby that sells them at normal MSRP. I've
grown disgusted with TRU with regards to Lego pricing and will start
refusing to go in unless I know in advance they're having a significant sale.

--David