 Marketplace / Shopping / 7986
Re: Atlanta, GA area AFOLs: Get thee to Candler Rd. now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 23:20:35 GMT

I visited this TRU today to see if they had increased the discounts yet and
they have.  All the LEGO items are now 60% off!  This makes sets like the
Mos Espa Podracer $25 now.  Still lots of sets, but mostly Rock Raders and
Star Wars (thousands of Sith Intercepters and Speeder Bikes).  One or two
Soccer sets left and lots of Duplo.  No more UCS or Trains but still a few
Castle and City sets.

-Jason

In lugnet.market.shopping, Greg crisp writes:
If your in the Atlanta area, you may be interested in knowing that the
(former) Toys R Us on Candler Rd. (Decatur?) is no a "Toy Clearance Center".

I went there today at lunch to check one of my favorite "honey holes" and found:

_all Lego 40% off!_

They have some good stuff too, at least for parts.  Some highlights:

- 2 (more) UCS X-Wings and 3(more) UCS Ties
- Tons of other Star Wars (Pod Race, Sith Intercepter, Landspeeder, etc. etc)
- Tons of Soccer
- Tons of Duplo
- Misc other stuff

Look for my parts sale on Brickbay soon.  ;-)

Enjoy!

- Greg