 Marketplace / Shopping / 7879
7878  |  7880
Subject:
I go the low-down Re: Atlanta, GA area AFOLs:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:57:33 GMT

I found it! Its hidden down the hill.

For those that are interested and would like to send me back to get something
for them, or anyone else in the Atlanta area how wants to help LEGO Fans find
much needed sets.

Here's what I found...

LEGO Mindstorms Ver 1.5 (2) $120 - major shelf wear and seals are broken but a
quick accessment revealed all bags present and accounted for. They also have
one of the blue RCX sets and several Star Wars Mindstorms sets. All are 40% off
original sticker. They also had the Extreme Creatures (~8), and the Robo Sports
Sets (2). These were priced 49.99 but 40% off makes them $30.

LEGO Train 4561 (2) $78 (after the 40%) One was in pristine condition the other
box looked like it had been sat upon and torn. I think everything was in it.

They had all of the Star Wars sets except for the recently released sets. They
are selling the Sith Infiltators for 40% off the marked down price of 19.98.
The still had about 100 plus left so hurry! ;^)  The had the large pod racer
set (>40). They also had several X-Wing about 10 or so. There may have been
more becuase they were kind of hidden in and around the Sith Infiltrators. They
also had the A-wing (<10) and the Snow Speeder (<10) and the Gungan Sub (~20).

They had several of the old City sets in piece meal. I picked up a 6433 (1
left) and a 6424 (~5 left). They had one left of the 6434 set in great
condition but the 6478 set was punchtured in the middle and I think a bag or
two was missing. The store manager said that any damaged and open box would go
for cheap. I asked how cheap and he said make me an offer. Since I really
wanted the Fire Station in tact I passed. They also had varing amounts in 6467,
6432, 6429, and 6474, but less than ten and more like 5 in each. They also had
more than two 6600 sets but I forgot how many.

Hey Cyber Slam fiends (yes fiends not friends). They still had several sets to
choose from. I don't have any set numbers but everything was reduced with red
stickers and the sale is for 40% off the lowest price.

They also had several speed slammer sets from create and race. They had the
8237, 8238, and 8236 sets. The quantity for each was less than 20. I picked up
one of each. In the race series they had 6602, 6617, 6616, 6713, 6714. They
only had a couple of these in each set. The most I think was 5 of any one set.

They also had Western sets. They had about 5 left of 6746 the Chief's Tepee for
$9.00 (after the 40%) and 6761 Bandits' Secret Hideout (8 or so left). This
really surprised me. They must have been back in the storage area, lost.

They also had ninja sets. The following were present, and these are the only
ones I wrote down (explanation why later); 4808, 6013, 6033, 6045, 6083, 3050,
& 3052. They had at least one of each of these sets and no more than 5 in any
one set. I wanted them all, but I am trying to be fiscally responsible.

They had sets from the Knight's Kingdom series as well. You could find (1) 6095
Bull's Attack, (5+) 6026 King Leo, and (5) 6094 Guarded Treasury. All boxes
were in excellent shape.

I can't remember what else they had. The wall of LEGO sets ran the length of
the alcove to the right of the entrance as you come in the store. The wall was
about 1/3 duplo and I didn't bother to look at what was available there.

I was there at about 7:40 unaware that Mon-Thur the store closes at 8:00PM. I
was walking sets back and forth to the price checker when they announce the
stores immenient close. I hurried to make my selection and began writing things
down. I ran out of time before they holered over to me to bring my selection to
the register to close it out. The sale and the store closes forever on Sept 23
and they are concerened that they will note sell everything. I asked if
additional discounts will be coming but they didn't know.

Over in the section where the Lego used to be they only had plates left for
$4.99. The selection was straight road plates with green boarders, curved road
sections with gray boarders, solid blue, and solid green.

All in all, the entire shelf looked full. I am certain after a week or so this
will not be the case. While I only saw half a dozen people in the store, no one
showed the LEGO shelf any interest.

Warning, this store in not in the best part of town. On the south side of 20
enter into the Mall area and you will see the former Toys-R-Us store up against
the I-20 at the far end of the Mall property. A lot of people were on foot
walking everywhere.

Happy shopping!

Todd

In lugnet.market.shopping, Greg crisp writes:
It's right off the freeway (I-20).  Look it up on Yahoo maps at this address:

TOYS R US
2842 WHITES MILL RD
DECATUR, GA 30034

The trick (and I apologize, I should have mentioned this before): There is
not Toys R Us sign anymore.  The sign is still there, but the lettering has
been removed.

If you are going east on I-20, exit at Chandler Road.  Turn right on
Chandler Road (South).  Turn right at the first light (about 50 feet from
the freeway exit), which I believe is Whites Mill Rd.  Go down the hill
about a hundred feet, the former TRU is on the right.  The branding has been
removed, but you should recognize the old-style TRU architechture in brown.
Also, there is a big cloth sign that says "Toy Clearance Center", or • something.

Hope that helps!  Happy hunting!

- Greg

In lugnet.market.shopping, Todd Thuma writes:
WHERE ON CANDLER ROAD!?

<snip>