 Marketplace / Shopping / 7909
Re: Tuesday Morning (possible alert)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:04:23 GMT

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 02:36:04 GMT, "Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net>
wrote:

Yep, same at the local store. They *still* have 4 copies of the big Studios set
(the one with the PC camera) for $99.99. Some other odds and ends, a few Znap
sets, but that was about all. Glad I didn't rush in to town just to get there at
8am.

Are these people related to KayBee Toys ?  (as in: they both pull that same ploy
of overmarking the "original price" to make it look like such a deal)

Ray

They don't appear to be, KayBee used to part of Consolidated Stores
Corporation (now know as Big Lots Corporation) but it was taken
private in a management lead buyout recently.
Tuesday Morning appears to be a stand alone company when you look at
the Investors Relations part of their website also :^)
I'd suspect its just a 'Industry Practice' to do that kind of marking
in the closeout segment of retail.
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)