 Marketplace / Shopping / 7633
Re: New LEGO Outlet Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:15:47 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Greg Kramer writes:
Is this an official outlet store, run by Lego?  Or just a discount toy store
specializing in Lego?

If official Lego, I'm confused as to why it would have a name like "bricks
and blocks".

-Greg

I'm not sure how these work.  They have all the official signage of
LEGO, but they also always seem to get their own name.  It's almost
like a McDonald's franchise or something.  Their sign says "Bricks
& Blocks Outlet" with a massive LEGO logo below it.  The one
up in St.Jacobs, Ontario says "Countryside Toy Outlet", again with
the big LEGO logo.

Actually, I've just looked at the business cards for both, and they
are in identical format, colour, etc.  They're definitely linked
together somehow, even if not via TLC itself.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada