 Marketplace / Shopping / 7654
Re: New LEGO Outlet Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:53:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Kyle D. Jackson writes:

Cdn$     US$   (all taxes included)
$21.84  14.41  4515 Straight Track 9V

Thanks for that heads up! I take it that includes GST and PST? IIRC, US
citizens can file for a GST (but not PST) refund as long as their purchases
meet certain minimums...

++Lar

Yes, you're correct.  I forgot about that.  So all of my US$ prices
should be lowered by 7%.  Also, I forgot to mention the 3033 Blue
Tubs were there at Cdn$24.99 (no taxes).  So that would be US$17.81
with taxes and assuming you got the GST credit back.

Many of the major US-Canada border crossings with duty free shops have a GST
Refund window that lets you get your GST credit back on the spot, in the
form of a voucher.  You have to go into the duty free shop to cash that in,
but it's not too much of a hassle.  There are some restrictions, of course,
but you can check them out at the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency website.
Here's the form for non-duty free refunds:

http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/gf/gst176eq/gst176-e.pdf

...and here's the CCRA website that you can start at:

http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/tax/nonresidents/visitors/tax-e.html

Notable, the minimun purchase for GST credit is $200 CDN total, with
individual receipts not less than $50.  Buy lots of LEGO, or other stuff in
Canada, just make sure it's in lumps of $50 or more.

I think I'll be driving through there in September...

Ed

*snip*