 Marketplace / Shopping / 7018
Re: K-mart sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:08:36 GMT

"Todd Kubo" <kamikazekubo@hotmail.com> writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GA5u6M.8M2@lugnet.com, Mark Rideout wrote:

I was able to get the polar base for the $16 at the K-mart on 148th and main
in Bellevue on Sunday (3/11).

I saw that one, the box looked like it had been through
the wash. idsay serious Shelfwear.

Big deal, if it's got all the pieces.

I went to Big K today and looked again at the UCS TIE with the damaged
box.  I took it up to the customer service desk and asked for a deal -
she called the manager, and the answer was 10% off.  *sigh*  I guess
they're planning to send it back to LEGO for credit.  They should know
nobody's going to pay $90 for it, when the box is wide open and pieces
have probably fallen out, even if nobody took them home.  Grrr.

On the other hand, I picked up a couple more small sets under BOGO 50%.
I now have 4 Mono Jets (a stupid model but they have some great parts)
and also got a Slave I and the $20 fire truck set (I forget its name).

--Bill.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx