 Marketplace / Shopping / 6998
Re: K-mart sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 02:06:03 GMT

"Scott Runkle" <limerickpa@usa.net> writes:
Frank, it sounds like you and I both did the same thing of stocking up on
the BOGO sale Star Wars sets.  I found a great find at my local Kmart -
there was a Millenium Falcon marked at $80 clearance, but the register rang
it up at $25.  Too bad there was only one there.

I went to my local Big-K last night, and there wasn't any on
clearance, but the BOGO sale was in effect.  I bought a couple of
AT-STs and MonoJets.  The selection was rather poor.

They had a UCS TIE with a lot of box damage that I was hoping to get a
discount on, but they had another copy intact and their policy was to
tell me to buy that one instead rather than mark down the damaged one.

There was also an opened set - I forget now which one.

They had Soccer Buses, and I remember some people praising them to the
heavens, and thought about buying a few (with the BOGO 50%, it comes
to $15 each) but decided against it.  I could go back, if anyone wants
those and can't find them locally.

--Bill.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx