 Marketplace / Shopping / 5512
  An Uncommon Find?

Saturday I was rummaging through the usual suspects at a KB in hopes of a really good bargain, and had almost conceded defeat when at the very back of the "stacks" (this particular KB doesn't really shelf its Lego - it kind of stacks them), (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: An Uncommon Find?

(...) really (...) Actually, not common in the US, but common at KB as it turns out oddly enough... As I recall, the reason why US boxes have a piece count at all was to do with some legal issues or something? Hence, all the US boxes have piece (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: An Uncommon Find?

(...) David: Thanks for the info! IMO, KB is the best place to find ageing and/or sets at a decent discount. James (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: An Uncommon Find?

(...) KB (both online and brick-and-mortar) often has European sets (I've seen European model team, wild west, and fright knights at KB) ZB also has them sometimes (technic space shuttle, for example) I've seen one European set at WalMart, the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: An Uncommon Find?

(...) Biglots has also had some of this stuff. Value City is another one. What appears to be happening is that TLC or some toy distributors are recognizing that the US has good outlets for clearing out old stock, and are funneling such old stock (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: An Uncommon Find?

"Timothy Carl Buchheim" <tcb@cs.hmcSPAM.edu> wrote in message news:39F492C0.BBBA4B...PAM.edu... (...) It's funny you mention those. At a local Wal-Mart in Amarillo, I saw 2 more of those "famous" $15 sets and decided to scan them. They showed up at (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: An Uncommon Find?

(...) This is definitely the case. I had all but given up on ever getting good Lego at KB toys locally, but just before Christmas 1999 I went into a KB to see if they had any Lego at all. To my surprise my nearby store has begun to stock Lego again (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)