 Marketplace / Shopping / 5518
Re: An Uncommon Find?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:05:38 GMT

Timothy Carl Buchheim wrote:

James Simpson wrote:

Saturday I was rummaging through the usual suspects at a KB in hopes of > a really good bargain, and had almost conceded defeat when at the very
back of the "stacks" (this particular KB doesn't really shelf its Lego
- it kind of stacks them), something caught my eye just as I turned to
leave...I had stumbled upon Model Team 5561 for $40.  Needless to say I
purchased it.  What seems uncommon about this is that it is the European
version, or atleast European packaging - no element count, no model
name, and a curious supplemental catalog listing prices by various
European countries only.  I'm wondering how common it is to find a
European-packaged version here in the states?

KB (both online and brick-and-mortar) often has European sets (I've seen
European model team, wild west, and fright knights at KB)

ZB also has them sometimes (technic space shuttle, for example)

I've seen one European set at WalMart, the aquazone set for $15 a few
months ago.

Biglots has also had some of this stuff. Value City is another one. What
appears to be happening is that TLC or some toy distributors are
recognizing that the US has good outlets for clearing out old stock, and
are funneling such old stock here. Since KB deals heavily in clearance
type stock (especially the outlet stores), they have been moving the
bulk of this.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com