 Marketplace / Shopping / 5313
Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 20:06:17 GMT

Has anyone cracked opened one of the FOS units?

What is the light source?  I assume that there is only one light source that
is somehow distributed by the rotary action.

If the source is an LED, has anyone attempted to change the color?

kirk

"Sean Harrington" <harrington@macgenius.com> wrote in message
I got Extreme Creatures about a month ago when it was last on special at • S@H
for $25. I guess for the Fibre Optic unit and the collection of parts, • it's not
a bad price.

As far as I can tell, it's the only way you can get the FOS main unit from
Lego. They offer replacement fibre elements 5227 through service parts, • but not
the main unit. You can always check eBay for either the FOS Multi Set 8456 • or
the Space Shuttle 8480, but either will be MUCH more than $25.

- Sean