 Marketplace / Shopping / 5177
  Is Extreme Creatures Good? (WAS: Re: US S@H Specials, Sep 20 - Sep 26, 2000)

(...) is this a good set? (i know i cant beat the price, but i wanna know if i'll have fun with it) josh (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? (WAS: Re: US S@H Specials, Sep 20 - Sep 26, 2000)

(...) i'll (...) Not in my opinion, just a random collection of additional parts. There is an inventory at: (URL) I didn't buy the set, so maybe owners of the set would have a contrary opinion. Kerry (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good?

I got Extreme Creatures about a month ago when it was last on special at S@H for $25. I guess for the Fibre Optic unit and the collection of parts, it's not a bad price. As far as I can tell, it's the only way you can get the FOS main unit from (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good?

(...) If you can find <set:6979> on clearance at TRU for $30, it's arguably a better deal, since it also has a Micromotor. It's not Technic, but my feeling is that the parts in it have more potential for making "pretty" bots. Ran (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good?

(...) It was also seen in the UFO 6979 ( (URL) ) Also came with a Micro Motor... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff

Has anyone cracked opened one of the FOS units? What is the light source? I assume that there is only one light source that is somehow distributed by the rotary action. If the source is an LED, has anyone attempted to change the color? kirk "Sean (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff

(...) The Light source is a LED. A super Bright one to be exact. Mounted on an arm that spins around the block. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

Dean Husby wrote in message <39E24918.6440C972@a....bc.ca>... (...) Arghhh, now i just HAVE to disassemble a few of them and replace it with a green, and a yellow, and a blue... Or maybe a LED that swiches from red to green when swiching polarity. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff

(...) If you don't use a tiny ultra bright one you won't get much... Also, the circuit it the thing is already making sure the power flows to the LED one way. So you'd have to disable that as well if you want the multicolour LED's. My favs are the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff

(...) Ahh, to bad. I wonder if there are any other colors in "ultra bright"? (...) you'd (...) Actually I think there are LED's with only two legs with the "two-color" feature. I'll have to investigate this and come back to you. /Joakim (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff

(...) Yes. Radio Schlock has a few: orange, definitely (but I think it's one of the 10mm "jumbos", so it wouldn't fit). And I'm pretty sure they have green in smaller sizes. BG Micro (www.bgmicro.com) has some real stunners, that have just hit the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff

(...) Yes. Of course. Those are the best ones. LED's are basically just Diodes that make light. So you can "Twist" two LED's together to get one on each polarity. Like I was saying above, my favorites are the tri-coloured LEDs... Dean -- Coin-Op's (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? FOS stuff

(...) Speaking of FOS blocks, is there demand for these at all? I have about 15 (inside UFO sets) that I am either going to design into a Milton Train Works set (theatre marquee perhaps?), or dump. If there was demand I'd dump them now, I have too (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)