 Marketplace / Shopping / 5
    Target clearance level to 55%; Walmart, 50% —Kevin Johnston
    Target's clearance of Lego sets they no longer carry is roughly 55% off as of today in most areas of the country (there is, strangely, one Target in my area that hasn't updated their price database as of tonight... too busy or lazy, I guess). I was (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Target clearance level to 55%; Walmart, 50% —Daniel Darby
     My Wal*Mart has a couple of sets at %50 off. Nothing really good though. The strange thing is that they are not marked. To find the sale I had to scan the item for the real price. Dan (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Target clearance level to 55%; Walmart, 50% —Kevin Johnston
     (...) Yep, this is common in my area too. I scan pretty much every older large set, and every set from discontinued themes like Wild West. Even after I know what sets are generally discounted, I scan them again when I find them at a new Walmart, (...) (26 years ago, 18-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Target clearance level to 55%; Walmart, 50% —Mike Stanley
     (...) It's always a good idea to check back at least once a week at Wal-Mart, especially during heavy clearance time. I've ignored prices of up to 45% off so far at Wal-Mart on most sets, hoping they will drop further. If not, I may buy them, but (...) (26 years ago, 18-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Target clearance level to 55%; Walmart, 50% —Kevin Johnston
     (...) Excellent tip... I see this in my area as well at WMs. A Target tip that new bargain-hunters might not know: always scan down the endcaps at the back end of each toy aisle. Stuff piles up there, fairly randomly, during the chaotic few weeks (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Target clearance level to 55%; Walmart, 50% —Larry Pieniazek
   I just dropped 500 bucks at the Target on 8 mile E of Van Dyke. If you live in metro Dee-troit, crave the standard stuff (everything that everyone else in this thread listed is available) and are willing to take a ride, you may want to check this (...) (26 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)