 Marketplace / Shopping / 5
4  |  6
Subject:
Target clearance level to 55%; Walmart, 50%
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:47:21 GMT

Target's clearance of Lego sets they no longer carry is roughly 55% off as of
today in most areas of the country (there is, strangely, one Target in my area
that hasn't updated their price database as of tonight... too busy or lazy, I
guess).

I was sort of expecting the traditional jump to 70% (from 40% the last three
weeks), and many clearance items did just that, but Target is pretty canny and
I guess they realized that since so much of the Lego moved at 40% (in my area
the pickings today were *mighty* slim), they could get a little more out of the
remainder than from some other toys.

I picked up a few Rapid River Villages today for $30 and change-- great value,
IMO, this set is great for outdoorsy parts, and has several long gray bricks.
Not much else to be had around here (lower Peninsula, SF Bay area, CA, USA).

Walmart's discount reached 50% last weekend, though I understand that Walmart's
discount progression can be highly regional.  When in doubt, scan it.  About
the only thing I really found there (we're kinda light on Walmarts here, and
they're heavily picked over as it is) was an Extreme Team Challenge and a few
smaller Outback sets.

Kevin
who spent far more on Lego the last three weeks than during the preceding 11
months