 Marketplace / Shopping / 4062
Re: Lousy Bradlees Experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 06:58:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Hi everyone,

Just a heads-up regarding this overpriced and underserviced chain on the
East Coast:

1) They're liable to have some REALLY OLD sets in their stores,

Only the ones I left on the shelf!

Basically, I found out today (for the *second time*) that if it doesn't
exist in the computer anymore, Bradlees isn't allowed to sell it

This is terrible. I've never yet encountered a Lego set not in their computer.
Even last July I was buying 1995 sets at my Bradlees. There must have been a
recent flushing of the computer.

However, I stopped by my favorite one in Manhattan two weeks ago, and somehow
they had got rid of their old stock. In particular a lot of Wild West and
Roboforce that even I hadn't relieved them of. (I took loads of it at 40% and
55% off--Bradlee's can be the MOST generous sometimes.) The only sets on the
shelf were from 2000 or 1999. Even the vast overstocks of crappy 1999 sets had
vanished. Granted, the store had been closed by a water leak outside, but where
did the Lego go?