 Marketplace / Shopping / 4061
Re: Lousy Bradlees Experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 06:07:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Hi everyone,

Just a heads-up regarding this overpriced and underserviced chain on the
East Coast:

1) They're liable to have some REALLY OLD sets in their stores, some
that will give you veritable palpitations just holding them in your
hands (including the occasional pre-1997 set)

Bradless is one of my favorite stores for general shopping after K-Mart.  The
selection at most leaves a lot to be desired, even during holiday season.
However, as to the old sets you mention, this has been good to me.
I once bought Lego set 6082 at 50% off retail.
I bought two copies of set 6198 for 40% off retail.
I got a 6332 at a Bradless for 40% off retail.
I got a 6190 for 40% off retail.
None of these were recently, BTW.
Other deals too, but no memory of them.

In the days before a TRU around, Bradless was my main source for Lego as a
teenager.  I know I picked up dozens of Lego sets from Bradlees over the years.
When shopping in a Bradless store, I always check out the Lego section and I
am usually disappointed by the selection.  Ames is my store of choice for Lego
lately with K-Mart following third after TRU.  The 20% off sales that occur
with some frequency at Ames keep me going back.

2) They will then refuse to sell them, even at the tagged list price, on
the grounds that the item does not exist.

Have never had this experience.  Could be a local management dilemna.  Perhaps
their computer price programmers delete product sales info too quickly without
checking physical inventory counts.
Would be good to know if your higher-chain complaints receive a reply and a
solution towards rectifying the problem.  Holding  your breath over this is not
worth it, IMO.  You may get no satisfaction whatsoever, but the effort is
noble.

__Kevin Salm__