 Marketplace / Shopping / 3656
Re: TRU Sale: Anyone looking for these?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:02:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Reed wrote:

Hi,
I was checking out the TRU sale and found a few sets that I'm not
interested in but I thought someone may be.
By the way, This TRU was giving the sale price to already discounted
sets.

Freestyle 4163 "Electric Building Kit"- I was wondering if this was
of interest to anyone. $44.95 reg price- they had about 5 of these.

Bonus Group of Wild West sets in one box! Sheriff's Lockup 6755 with
6712 Sheriff's Showdown and 6706 "Frontier Patrol"- they had 2 of
these at $39.95 (shrink wrap was torn)

Surf Shack - they had 4 of these at $9.99

4 Rapid River Village 6766 at $39.99 and 2 Chief's Tepee at $14.95
I thought someone was asking about the tepee recently...

1 Amazon crossing 6490 for $14.95

Tons of some diver set that started with 17xx and had a 40 dollar
price on it.

1 each of the castle sets "Dragon Defender"6043 and "Dragon Wagon"
6056

1 of the Time Cruisers "Hypno Cruiser" 6492 for 19.95

And a few others that I'm sure were full price such as: Wave Cops,
Riptide Racer, Sand Dollar Cafe, etc...

I know some of these are getting hard to find and some aren't too
bad a deal if you use the BOGO discount.  If anyone is dying for one
I mentioned, then email me and maybe we can work out a deal.
have fun...
Tom

This sounds like the contents of a TRU in Houston that I visit when I
need some nostalgia.  If it is, I looked at those Surf Shacks but
couldn't justify spending $9.99 on them.  They had 8 Sand Dollar Cafes
when I was there, and yes, they were full price too.  Plus they also
had the Dragon Wagon and the other sets you mentioned.  <sniff> Someone
found my secret TRU... <sniff>

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX