 Marketplace / Shopping / 3351
Re: Possible markdown at TRU on Mystic Mountain Time Lab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:01:16 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Mike Poindexter wrote:

While picking up a raincheck on tubs at my favorite TRU, I asked the manager
if he was ever going to sell the <set:6494> Mystic Mountain Time Lab.  He
has had them marked "clearance" at $50 for over a year.  He told me he
couldn't pay people to take them, to which I replied, it depends on how much
you pay them.  I ended up getting them for $25 each, so I picked up all 14
of them.  I am guessing that I can make back my $25, or at least I hope I
can, as it only has a couple of parts I want.

Mike, could you possibly let me know what mechanism they used to justify the
price?  A local TRU has 13 of those sets, and I'd love to get them at $25 or $30
each.  Their manager said that only the Corporation (insert sinister beat music
here) could make a price change unless items were damaged, and that they'd go back
to the vendor anyways (to which I said "why haven't they" and the manager assured
me that the Lego rep was coming next week and might take them away...fat chance,
and they won't get $25 back for them anyways), the usual spiel that doesn't hold
water but that I look like a weenie for arguing with.  If I knew how they did it
administratively, I'd have a valid counter--my other option is to go over their
head and call Corporate, which I'm loathe to do because it will surely cost me a
good few hours on long distance for uncertain results.

I thought about getting one at $50, but nahhh...I got my one at Meijer for $35,
and I won't pay more than that.

best

Lindsay