 Marketplace / Shopping / 3350
3349  |  3351
Subject:
Zany Brainy Upcoming Sale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:45:25 GMT

   Hi all,

   Just a "heads up":  I was at a local ZB saw a large number of set
5533 (the Model Team Red Fury) and set 6089 (Stone Tower Bridge)
unpriced on endcaps and asked about them.  Since I asked, the manager
told me that on 30 or 31 March these two sets will be on sale for 50%
off ($24.95 each, I think).  It's an excellent chance to get these two
great sets if you missed them at the Target clearances, and most ZBs
have plenty.

A local ZB also has an additional 25% off clearance merch; the Neptune
Discovery Lab is therefore $33 and the Hydro Crystallation Station $45.
Night Lord's Castle is $37.50 and the Alien Avenger (UFO) is $22.50.
All of these are great deals for anyone who doesn't have these
sets--they're good for parts at the very least.  Unfortunately they have
no Technic shuttles. (Another local ZB does have about 20, but they
don't have this "extra bonus clearance" now and when they had one
before, they specifically exempted the shuttles.  This even after I told
then that taking another 20% off would sell them within a day...but
they're still $75 each.)

Let me know if anyone needs a proxy buyer, I charge a small fee but I
can get the goods.  ;)

best

Lindsay

ObGoodDeals? - Local K Marts are clearancing items at 25% off.  Right
now, that doesn't help you, because of the BOGO 50 sale from regular
price--but if you only want one Emperor's Stronghold, it's great.
They're also clearancing the new Guarded Treasury this way!  Odd...and
the $29.95 "Lego Classic" value pack with the raised baseplate is now
$22.50 as well.