 Marketplace / Shopping / 2800
Re: Outlet store in VA has Enchanted Island
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:55:58 GMT

Will Middelaer <betamale@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Poindexter writes:

I want those baseplates for spanning across multiple runs of track
underneath mountains.  Gotta have multi-level trains if you are building • 20
bricks high, otherwise, it is just a waste of 2x4s.

Do you envision any problems using those weird baseplates with the round • notch
bit out of them?  They are hard to use as multiples if you want to hook • them
together flush in some sort of interlocking L's pattern.

Will

I will be covering the tops of them, so I don't see much of a problem.  I
just need them to be able to span long distances and 24 bricks is about as
far as you will find in a Lego brick.  Anything longer than that is a
baseplate, which doesn't snap into Lego very easily (unless you sandwich
them, which eats a lot of 1xN plates).  My only other span option would have
been using technic, and it is tough to get several hundred 1x16's.  If the
notch gave me some problems, I could put one plate on top of another with
the notches in opposite corners or stagger them in a similar fashion for
even longer spans

Besides, if I put 4 baseplates in a square, I would still have a 7.5" hole
in the middle that I could run my hand through, should a train derail in an
otherwise hard to reach place.  The notches are both a liability and an
asset to the plate, it just depends on the circumstances.

Mike