 Marketplace / Shopping / 2263
Re: Further markdowns at WalMart.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 01:44:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Raymond Flournoy writes:
are Flying Ninja Fortress for $39 and the Mummy's Tomb for $14.

They're playing games there: I was able to order one of these. Swell. Then I
started to pick up some for a friend of mine, and when I got to "Pay by credit
card" it wiped out my order and went to the "Timeout!" screen. NOW all the
prices list higher! I guess they practice dynamic clearance, or, the online
equivalent of the blue light special.

  Strange!  I just checked both of these, and the prices are back at these
levels.  I admit that I haven't tried buying either, but I was at least able
to put both into my cart.  Hmmm.  Maybe you should try again.

  The Sphynx's Secret Surprise hasn't been showing up on the LEGO page for a
while, so I'm not surprised that its not orderable.  The zeppelin set has
disappeared from the LEGO page as well.  You can find it by searching
directly, but you can't view details or add it to your cart.

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@cs.stanford.edu       "Because, of course, a man with an
Computer Science Dept.          obsession is a man who has very little
Stanford University, CA         sales-resistance."      -- C. S. Lewis