 Marketplace / Shopping / 2262
Re: Further markdowns at WalMart.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:42:17 GMT

Glad I am not alone on this matter.  I selected 6 of 5978s, went back to get a
couple other sets, the next thing I know, the 5978s are gone from my shopping
cart, and the price of the other items went up!?!  Nice system.  You gotta be
quick on the order I guess.

david

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Raymond Flournoy writes:

The clearance LEGO on WalMart's website has been marked down again, and is
now under the 50% level.  Go to the Toys/LEGO page, and scan down for any
price ending in "00" and those are the sale items.  The two best one (IMHO)
are Flying Ninja Fortress for $39 and the Mummy's Tomb for $14.

They're playing games there: I was able to order one of these. Swell. Then I
started to pick up some for a friend of mine, and when I got to "Pay by credit
card" it wiped out my order and went to the "Timeout!" screen. NOW all the
prices list higher! I guess they practice dynamic clearance, or, the online
equivalent of the blue light special.