 Marketplace / Shopping / 12582
Re: Shop at Home Shipping Rates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 05:08:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Justin Pankey wrote:

Remember when we could buy all we wanted for a flat
maximum rate...I think it was like $10 or $15?  This new 5% of the order total
prevents me from making orders I otherwise would.

For some of us the rate change was a double whammy: they also began charging
sales tax in states with corporate Lego stores.  Shipping vs. sales tax used to
be something of a wash, but now they are both there.  It makes me more inclined
to buy local which is probably a good thing but is presumably less profit for
TLC.

I'm surprised that Lego raised their shipping charges now since many online
shoppers are used to free shipping from other web sites (most notably Amazon's
long-running deal on > $25 orders).  I wonder if actual shipping costs have gone
up with the rise in gasoline prices, but I haven't seen USPS rates going up that
much.

Steve