 Marketplace / Shopping / 12297
Re: TARGET WAS CRAZY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:56:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051122/480/pd10311222055

--Raymond Flournoy  ()"o)
flournoy@post.harvard.edu      "Because, of course, a man with an
flournoy@yahoo-inc.com          obsession is a man who has very little
                                sales-resistance."      -- C. S. Lewis

The person in the photo is likely to be William Swanberg. The photo credit date
(Nov 16th) and the location (Portland, OR) match pretty close to when and where
he was arrested. That AP photog deserves some kind of wacky pulitzer for being
in the right place at the right time. Someone out there want to call the
Portland AP office and tip them off please ? I would think that the photographer
would have a much better original (digital likely) than we are seeing on the
web.

Ray

The person is not Swanberg according to article posted with the photo.  Trust me
I had the same thought last night, but over came the temptation to post that
concern and found the caption this afternoon. It could be an accomplish:

Franklin Duffy, of Reno, Nev., is seen shopping Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2005, at a
Target, in Portland, Ore. Last holiday season, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. gave Target
Corp. a nice Christmas present: being asleep when it came to deep discounts and
not being stocked with some of the must-have items. This holiday season, the
world's largest retailer plans to upstage its rival, with trendier fashions and
electronic gadgets that appeal to a broader range of its customers. (AP
Photo/Rick Bowmer)

CDC