 Marketplace / Shopping / 12296
Re: TARGET WAS CRAZY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:20:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Raymond Flournoy wrote:
The lady even said," you knew this was going on sale didn't you." I
replied No.
I just wanted the set.

She will never know my secret. LOL

  Did anyone else see an AP newswire photo on the day before Thanksgiving
of some guy in Oregon wheeling a Target cart stacked with what looked
like about 12 Falcons?  The article was simply about Target's marketing
and holiday prospects in comparison to other retailers, but the picture
had special meaning for folks like us.

  Oh cool, the photo's available online!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051122/480/pd10311222055

  BTW, I bought one Falcon early, and one store I visited on Friday said
that they don't price match special event prices.  I physically brought
the set back to a store on Saturday, and they matched the price no
problem.  Anyone else have trouble getting the difference refunded?

--Raymond Flournoy  ()"o)
flournoy@post.harvard.edu      "Because, of course, a man with an
flournoy@yahoo-inc.com          obsession is a man who has very little
                                sales-resistance."      -- C. S. Lewis

The person in the photo is likely to be William Swanberg. The photo credit date
(Nov 16th) and the location (Portland, OR) match pretty close to when and where
he was arrested. That AP photog deserves some kind of wacky pulitzer for being
in the right place at the right time. Someone out there want to call the
Portland AP office and tip them off please ? I would think that the photographer
would have a much better original (digital likely) than we are seeing on the
web.

Ray