 Marketplace / Shopping / 11621
Re: Regarding Bricklink Utilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:31:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Kevin Salm wrote:
A good place to start is with an application already written:  BrikTrak
http://www.briktrak.com/

It is an awesome piece of software!  As a BL seller, I use it almost daily.

I have not ever used it to create wanted lists, but it does have that
functionality.

Bricklink already has that level of functionality built in (though it's not
directly linked to Peeron inventories like BT is), and I couldn't find any
BrikTrak feature listing that suggested it would be able to assemble orders for
you based on your want list.  That's what this is all about.  It's the ability
to go to Bricklink and say, "Here's my list of priority items, now go and find
me the least expensive way to order them all right now," instead of having to go
through your wanted list, pick out individual stores that look promising, and
check through their inventories by hand to come up with the most cost-effective
group of orders.