 Marketplace / Theory / 2647
Re: Regarding Bricklink Utilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:55:50 GMT

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.theory, David Laswell wrote:

I think Shaun's list of desired functionality is way too much to ask • for....

A good place to start is with an application already written:  BrikTrak
http://www.briktrak.com/

It is an awesome piece of software!  As a BL seller, I use it almost • daily.

I have not ever used it to create wanted lists, but it does have that
functionality.  On a fast computer with a fast internet connection, it • should be
a breeze to use; on a slow computer with a slow connection it works rather
clunky but the results may be worth the waiting....

__Kevin Salm__
ABP Lego Sales
www.abpbricks.com

Also, BrikTrak *kinda* has some of the functionality described - on a simple
level anyway.
As Kevin mentioned, you can use BrikTrak to create a wanted list to upload,
but there's also something else:

If you add the items you want to the inventory grid in BrikTrak, then once
you have finished, you can click the 'Buy these parts on Bricklink' button
just above the grid (I don't have a copy of BrikTrak in front of me right
now, so the button may have a slightly different name). This will launch
your webbrowser and take you to a special page on Bricklink that shows you
the stores that have the parts you want - the higher up the list of stores,
the more parts you want the store has in stock.
Granted, it doesn't offer much configuration (yet), so you can't specify the
shipping country you want or sort by price etc - maybe that will come later.

Hope it helps,
Richard
BrikTrak Admin.