 Marketplace / Theory / 2646
Re: I need some help with BrikTrak
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:51:06 GMT

"Joel Hoornbeek" <classicsmiley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:I13u2I.rLs@lugnet.com...
Hello,
I've been trying to resolve a problem I've been having with BrikTrak, but • so far
have not been able to figure it out on my own and have not been able to • find
anyone else who could help me.

I would like to use BrikTrak (build .228) to part out some copies of
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/4047-1 4047 ultimate wheels>.  No • inventory for
this set exists on Bricklink, so Peeron is the only option to pull the • inventory
from.  However, attempting to retrieve the inventory returns 0 pieces, but • does
not return any error message (such as you get when trying to retrieve an
inventory which does not exist).  I can retrieve the inventories for sets • such
as 4048 Mech Lab without any problems.

I make sure to get the updated data files each time I run BrikTrak, but • I'm not
sure if there is anything else on my end that I could/should be doing to • get
this to work properly.  I have tried to contact Richard Morton regarding • this
matter, but have been unable to do so.

Could another user of BrikTrak try to reproduce this problem?  I'd like to • know
if the problem is on my end, or somewhere else.  Any other information or
suggestions that you could provide would also be very welcome.

I apologize if this is not the correct group for this message.  Please set
follow-ups to the correct place, if needed.

Thank you.

-Joel

Hi Joel,

My apologies - I know you asked me about this before and it completely
slipped my mind until now.
I had a look and the problem was related to an invalid cache file on the
BrikTrak server. Deleting the file from the cache and reimporting 4047
brought up the inventory correctly this time.

So, please try again - it should be okay now.

Richard
BrikTrak admin