 Marketplace / Shopping / 11096
Re: Target Strategizing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 21:20:18 GMT

"Jeff Reuland" <texmexsu1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Hr6709.18s6@lugnet.com...

Also Targets are like Walmart, no two ever seem to have the same pricing • policy
so you need to check all possible stores.

This is the most disappointing, as it did NOT used to be this way.  In the
past, all the targets clearance the same items, and they almost always went
to the next discount level at the same time.

This year it has been completely different.  I've found AT-ATs ranging from
$50 to $70 to $100 at various stores on the same day.  Not all sets are
being clearanced at all stores, and not all stores are at the same discount
level.  Heck, items at the same store are not always even at the same
discount level.

This does generally seem to follow with the area the store is located in,
but not always.  My best find was 15 half price AT-ATs at the "Ghetto
Target".  But I also found 6 half price AT-ATs at the target accross from
one of the high-end malls in the area.

Troy