 Marketplace / Shopping / 11093
Re: Target Strategizing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:14:41 GMT

"Jeff Reuland" <texmexsu1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Hr6709.18s6@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I did see that one Target store has really reduced the Lego display
size........not a good sign.

This is pretty typical after Christmas.  Target will "compress" the entire
toy section of their store quite a bit and the LEGO ailse will typically go
from an entire aisle to about half of one.  Usually, all of the construction
toys will end up on one aisle.  Of course, YMMV but this has been my
observation and I'd bet I have visited more than 50 different Target stores
in my travels (I travel a lot for work) over the years.  You never know, I
might be haunting your Target one morning!  :-)

Here in Raleigh, my observations are pretty much in line as they have been
in the past.  Very little ever makes it past the 50% mark and this year will
be no exception I'd bet.  The Cary Target has virtually no LEGO clearance at
all but still has AT-AT at full price.

Mike

--
Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

  Re: Target Strategizing

By reduced I meant virtually eliminated! (I should have also stated that the store is a regular Target, not a 'Greatland') Target Greatland tends to discount all items sooner and at a higher rate. Like everywhere else Target is pretty much hit & (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)