 Marketplace / Shopping / 11079
Re: Any finds at Target?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 04:31:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
I have hit two Targets in the past two days. The clearance aisles were not
packed with Lego as I had hoped.

What have you found?

   In SE Michigan, the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg died last year
   (the Target at 8 Mile and Van Dyke, Detroit), so Northland was on
   my big watch list, and they went to 50% sometime late last week.
   The other west side stores have not yet made that advance, it seems,
   but at Northland I hopped on two Hailfire Droids and a handful of
   the old MINI sets at 50% off.  Other stores still have decent stock
   but are hovering around 30%.  Bruce:  Your Targets had AT-ATs, or
   AT-TEs?  None of our Targets seem to have carried the AT-AT.  I got
   my clutch of AT-TEs, however, from Meijer (at $30 a pop).

   all best

   LFB (Which stands for "LIKES FANTASTIC BARGAINS".  So there.)

   PS: My South African shipper naughtily delayed my 400lb of books
       and papers for four weeks, so my departure to the UK has been
       put off until mid to late January--so I'm going prowling for
       bargains all month.  That may be bad news for Detroit bargain
       hunters who have to, you know, actually go to work at certain
       inconvenient hours of the day...but maybe I'll show at a MichLUG
       function or two?  :)