 Marketplace / Shopping / 11070
Re: Any finds at Target?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:25:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
I have hit two Targets in the past two days. The clearance aisles were not
packed with Lego as I had hoped.

What have you found?

Bryan

Oh yes, up to 75% off.  But it depends where.

There's a thread running on fbtb.net about 75% off AT-AT's at Target.  So I
decided to take a look myself.

I live in south Austin, TX, and I visited the three nearest stores this morning.

Target Greatland - MOPCA/Loop 1 and Ben White:
- maybe 25% off on some things

Target at Ben White and Lamar
- 50% off some things...I noticed Hailfires and Podrace MINIs at 50%.

Target on IH-35 at William Cannon
- Score!  AT-AT's full price, but I picked up the following at 75% off: Harry
Potter's Chamber of Secrets and Dumbledore's Office, the big NBA arena, Land
Busters, a couple of the Inventor sets, the big blue Martian rover (space
shuttle at full price, though), Pro Stunt racer (the tiny one) for $0.96,
podrace MINI's (yellow torch holders), Armored Car action.  Big thanks to a
Target employee who pointed out some deals, like the Land Busters mismarked as
$41.98 instead of the real price of $14.98.  As it turns out, he's a Lego nut
too, and had seen my reply on the "Battle Droids at Dollar General" thread (he
said he cleaned out the store I had mentioned.)  He mentioned that the day
before they had AT-TE's for $12...but they were cleaned out fast.  As I was
entering the checkout area, he pointed out another shopper heading to the back
with a cart who was planning on picking up the deals...so you have to be at the
right place at the right time.

Doug