 Marketplace / Shopping / 10665
Re: Wal-Mart in USA now sells "LEGOS"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:42:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Salm wrote:
It seems that in the latest round of in-store rearranging, several things have
changed at Walmart stores.  The ones I visited now have Black signage with white
lettering that hang from the store shelving.

The new sign for Lego® brand building toys is now printed as "LEGOS"

I find it disturbing that Wal-Mart would make such a blunder.

  KMart and KBToys been doing it on and off for years.  (Not that The Big K is a
sound business model in any case...)  For that matter, so have a lot of other
stores.  Ames used to do it.  Target (in my area, at least) sometimes does it.
Etc etc etc.
  It doesn't bother me, really, but I recognize that it's a legitimate thorn in
TLG's saddle.

     Dave!