 Marketplace / Shopping / 10588
10587  |  10589
Subject:
Great Finds at LegoLand CA Pick-A-Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 23:46:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just got back from LegoLand CA and found a lot of nice pieces.

The prices is $6.99 per 1/4 pound, which is quite expensive, if you can find
the bricks in a parts pack or on BrickLink, but a few bricks seem worth the
price (see below).  You might check some prior posts in
lugnet.legoland.california for more general information on this new way to
get parts.

BTW - A prior post says that annual passes get a discount.  My pass says no
discount on LEGO bricks.  Is this an exception?  What is the discount?  10%?

Sample bag - About $20 - All trans-dark-green
134 1x4x1 bricks (these go for $1.20+ each on BrickLink!)
30 1x2x1 bricks
20 1x1x1 bricks
Final price about 11 cents / brick.  This is not bad for such a rare color.

Other interesting parts (my total purchase was about $50):

1x1 clear plates - I got hundreds of these (they are not too rare on
Bricklink though)

Lots of rust orange parts:1x1x1, 1x2x1, 1x3x1, 1x4x1, 1x6x1, 1x8x1

Trans-dark-blue 1x2 tiles ( I suspect that the price here is cheaper than BL)

Trans-violet, trans-red, trans-yellow in various sizes

soccer balls, basket-balls

Lime green, orange, and purple in various sizes

All the standard colors in most brick/plate sizes (no big plates), but
pricing probably makes more sense on BL or from LEGO parts packs.

Also, they had arches in 1x6x2, and 1x6x1 in most of the regular colors.

As an aside, it appears that you can no longer purchase cars you make at the
race track place at LegoLand.  I believe that you can still throw in special
parts from the bins at the club house though (right next to the bulk bins).