 Marketplace / Shopping / 10388
Re: More K-Mart stores to close
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:48:04 GMT

Scott Towne wrote:
I'm losing the same three, although Valdosta is a 75 mile trip for me.  The
thing about K-Mart is....everything.  I can't remember the last time I
actually bought something there.  I go once every blue moon thinking that
MAYBE I'll find something worthwhile or competitively priced, but no.  My
wife and I received a K-Mart gift card for X-mas and we're still trying to
figure out what to do with it.  We are not even remotely interested in
K-Mart's merchandise, service or higher prices.  Maybe we'll actually get to
use it now that they'll be marking stuff down.

I'd be sad to see K-Mart go. I've purchased quite a bit of stuff at
their BOGOs. I agree that they're pretty messy at times, but sometimes
that just means interesting finds (I found an Exploriens set at my
neighborhood K-Mart last week - I didn't buy it though). K-Mart has the
best reasonably consistent sales. Fred Meyers has sales more often, but
usually only 20% off (plus they don't have a full line stocked - for
example, right now they don't have the new Starwars or the new
Basketball sets, only the new Adventurers). Target is very hit or miss
for me. Sometimes they have sales, but I rarely get too much from their
clearance (I did buy the new Adventurers and Starwars sets from them
though - but not on sale). We don't have a nearby Wal-Mart, and I get
even less clearance stuff there than at Target.

Frank