 Marketplace / Shopping / 10266
Re: Pics and Comments on New Adventurer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:10:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
IIn lugnet.org.us.richlug, Mike Walsh writes:
The TRU circular specifically states that the Orient sets are not • included
in the BOGO.

And I specificially failed to notice that when I glanced at the ad. Thanks
for the additional notice of the fact that these sets aren't included in • the
sale.

No problem - just trying to save you a frustrating trip to TRU.  Nothing
like standing in a long line (no shortage of those it seems right now) only
to find you can't do what you were planning to do.  When I first saw the ad
I thought - figures - I just bought two Breezeway Cafes and two each of 7412
and 7410 (new Orient sets) in the last two days!  With the Orient sets not
included I didn't feel so bad.

I didn't realize that the Orient sets weren't included in the sale. So far I
have bought 7410 Jungle River, 7414 Elephant Caravan, and 7418 Scorpion
Palace and all three scanned as on sale, both in the on floor scanners and
at the register. Tomorrow I plan on going back, so I will scan all the sets
to see if they come up on sale (my local store is the Carolina Place TRU in
Charlotte,NC).

Ken

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com