 General / 39983
Re: Pics and Comments on New Adventurer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.animation
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:57:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Reed writes:

<snipped info about the new sets>

Yeh, I'm really getting a kick out of these new sets!  I'm excited about
having the adventurer's back!  The large number of new pieces is great!  I
can't wait to see what people use them for.

Thanks Tom for posting the info and pics of the new Adventurers sets.  I had
a chance to drool over them (except for 4717) at TRU yesterday.  I'm glad I
was just window shopping yesterday since today's paper included an ad for
TRU selling all Lego at BOGO 50% Off.  Yippee!

I already have a project in mind for the parts included in these sets.  I
plan to take my laptop pc theatre - shown in the pictures here:

..and turn it into a homage to Richmond, Virginia's Landmark Theatre, a
performing arts auditorium that was formerly known as the Mosque.  Below are
two links that show a couple of pictures of the outside of the building.

http://www.isy.vcu.edu/~paiken/classes/rlt/indexrlt.html

http://www.monumenthouse.com/richmond/landmarks/3046

RichLUG's next train & town display is scheduled for March so I'll be
shooting for having it done by then. It will also, no doubt, be showing up
at BrickFest this year.

Greg