 General / 39976
Re: Pics and Comments on New Adventurer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:45:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kecia Hansen writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Tom Reed writes:
Hi All,

<snip>

Hi Tom. Thanks for all the info.

<snip>

They look great. where did you get the Lallu name from? Are the names
printed on the boxes?

I actually got the names off the playing cards that come with the larger
sets.  I haven't tried to figure out the game, but the cards are kind of
interesting.  You get a 6 sided die with the cards in the largest set.

Here is a pic of Miss Pippin Reed (I like the last name...heheh), Babloo,
and Lord Sinister:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/AdventurerParts2003/adv2.jpg

Is she related to you? I guess she is not your wife, since she isn't Mrs.
Pippin Reed! ;-)
She's not related as far as I know!  But I wouldn't mind if she was. haha
She's a babe!

And here is a pic of Johnny Thunder, Lord Sinister, and Doctor Kilroy:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/AdventurerParts2003/adv3.jpg

Are the Kilroy's in 7411 and 7418 different from each other?
No, the Kilroy's are all the same.  Most of the figures and their outfits
are repeated in the sets.  I think my pics show every different outfit and
figure.  Pippin and I think one other have different outfits in different sets.

When it gets approved, I think you can view the whole folder at this address:

<snip>
7412 Yeti Hideout
This set was 9.99 too.  It has 114 parts including the Yeti figure and Miss
Pippin in the Mongolian hat.  This set is much more interesting and has
better parts (in my opinion).  You get a small white baseplate (8x16).  You
get two white 1x4x5 half arch parts, two 1x2x4 brown arch parts, and 4 black
3x3 corner roof bricks.  You get a white triangular BURP piece and 6 - 1x1
trans lt. blue round plates.  A nice assortment of hard to find pieces and
the new hat make this a nice buy.  I think Miss Pippin's face is new too.

Yes, Miss Pippins face is new, just like Johnny Thunder and Lord
Sinister/Mr. Hates have new faces too. It seems they have all become older!

7414 Elephant Caravan
This set was 19.99 for 102 pieces!  That's not a good price per part, but
you get the dark gray elephant in this one.  You also get Babloo with a lt
gray scimitar and a red turban.  It's nice to see them bring back the
adventurer jeep in this set.  You get two of the pole lances in red in this
set and two parts in brown that I've never seen.  They are pole pieces with
a 1x2 plate on one end and a doughnut connection (like on the teepee poles)
on the other end.  This could be a interesting part to have.  My first
impression is that they would make some nice long oars for a long boat!  I
like this set even if it isn't the best buy!

7415 Aero Nomad
This is the balloon set!  It was 19.99 for 118 pieces.  The only new pieces
I could tell was the 4x4 round quarter plates in brown.  I don't think they
have been available in that color.  You get 4 of the tan curved fence pieces
in this set.  You get Johnny Thunder and Doctor Kilroy too.  It's nice to
have the dome parts and the black rigging pieces available again.  There is
a nice white string piece that I think is new.  This string is available in
the Yeti set also.  It's a 3 inch white string with the stud connectors on
the ends.

How is the construction of the balloon? Is it solid?
The balloon is made up of two halfs.  It's not a new part.  It is the same
as the one used in the old large egyptian set, I believe.

7418 Scorpian Palace
This is the large set.  It has 358 pieces and sells for 49.99.  It has the
light gray elephant.  You get 5 minifigs: Kilroy, Sinister, Thunder,
Maharaja, and the guard.  There are a number of white arches with this.  You
get the rust columns, the rust fence parts (straight and curved.  You also
get an assortment of parts in dark blue.  There are 1x plates, 2x plates, 1x
tiles, and some other small parts.  There are two large white columns plus
the dome pieces.  You get two gray scimitars and two yellow ones.  You get
the new round disk parts and tubans in white and black.  This is the set to
own and you will probably need a couple of them. haha
I forgot to mention that in this set is a large oval shield with a gold
front on it.  I should have taken a picture of it.  There is a design on the
front as well.  It is a nice looking shield.  I don't care for the design
all that much, but it doesn't detract from the shield.

I didn't find the 7417 set available.  I'm looking forward to getting it
when it comes out.
I hope these pics and the information is helpful to those who haven't gotten
access to the new sets.
enjoy,
Tom

Any information about the Adventurers is helpful. Can't wait to get the sets
myself.
Yeh, I'm really getting a kick out of these new sets!  I'm excited about
having the adventurer's back!  The large number of new pieces is great!  I
can't wait to see what people use them for.

Thanks
Kecia